The Grande Rounds health lecture series sponsored by the Boca Grande Health Clinic and the Boca Grande Health Clinic Foundation kicked off the season on November 16 with a recorded webinar to welcome everyone back for the season. Clinic CEO Mark Driscoll and Clinic Medical Director Raymond A. James, D.O, covered what to expect as our seasonal residents consider their return to an Island that’s more than a bit different than past years.
Click here to watch the webinar recording.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s included:
- Boca Beacon’s Cheryl Schum Hopkins provided imagery and commentary on Hurricane Ian’s impact on the Island and our ongoing recovery efforts.
- Mark provided a Clinic Staff update: We have three primary care physicians board-certified in emergency medicine, family practice and internal medicine. We’ve expanded our nursing staff to three RNs, an LPN and two medical assistants. A radiologic technologist is a new addition to our clinical team as we resume medical imaging services at the Clinic. That’s a tribute to a great culture and the potential of our team. We’ve come a long way from an Island with a weekly visit from a mainland doctor.
- Dr. Bret Kueber, M.D. (who joined the Clinic early 2022) and Dr. Emily Haly, M.D. (the Clinic’s newest physician) shared thoughts on their experiences to date working at the Clinic.
- Information about the Clinic’s flu and booster vaccination clinics was shared.
- We previewed upcoming events.
- Foundation Executive Director Cannon Wenzel provided an update on Foundation activities.
Grande Rounds events are free of charge as part of the Clinic’s and Foundation’s mission to educate the community. Please join us for these informative sessions, which are tentatively planned for January and February 2023. Event information, including program recordings, are available on the Events page.
Want to recognize a Clinic team member for great service? We’d love to hear from you. Submit a tribute.
More Recent Healthcare News
Nothing can be as different as ovarian cancer and prostate cancer, yet both often lurk in the shadows, making detection difficult. September is dedicated to ovarian cancer and prostate cancer awareness. Emily Haly, M.D., of the Boca Grande Health Clinic, answers questions about each disease. Do you have a question for us? If so, please […]
Aging is a natural part of life, and let’s face it, it’s better than the alternative! While we can’t stop the passage of time, we can certainly make the journey of aging a healthy and fulfilling one. Healthy aging isn’t just about maintaining physical health; it involves nurturing your mental, spiritual, and physical well-being. As […]
Thanks to the generosity of MaryLee and Jack Hollis, Boca Grande Health Clinic patients now get faster diagnoses without having to leave the island. A gift from the Hollis family provided the means to acquire a Clarius HD3 portable ultrasound machine. Ultrasound imaging, also known as sonography, is a crucial diagnostic tool in modern medicine. […]
Back in 1993, the Professional Golf Association deemed August National Golf Month. For the golf obsessed, this is a great excuse to get out and play a round with family and friends. The month-long celebration is a way to promote the game and introduce new people to the sport. Tiger Woods was 17 in 1993 […]