Watch the Welcome Back to the Island 2022 Webinar
The Grande Rounds health lecture series sponsored by the Boca Grande Health Clinic and the Boca Grande Health Clinic Foundation kicked off the season on November 16 with a recorded webinar to welcome everyone back for the season. Clinic CEO Mark Driscoll and Clinic Medical Director Raymond A. James, D.O, covered what to expect as our seasonal residents consider their return to an Island that’s more than a bit different than past years.
Click here to watch the webinar recording.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s included:
- Boca Beacon’s Cheryl Schum Hopkins provided imagery and commentary on Hurricane Ian’s impact on the Island and our ongoing recovery efforts.
- Mark provided a Clinic Staff update: We have three primary care physicians board-certified in emergency medicine, family practice and internal medicine. We’ve expanded our nursing staff to three RNs, an LPN and two medical assistants. A radiologic technologist is a new addition to our clinical team as we resume medical imaging services at the Clinic. That’s a tribute to a great culture and the potential of our team. We’ve come a long way from an Island with a weekly visit from a mainland doctor.
- Dr. Bret Kueber, M.D. (who joined the Clinic early 2022) and Dr. Emily Haly, M.D. (the Clinic’s newest physician) shared thoughts on their experiences to date working at the Clinic.
- Information about the Clinic’s flu and booster vaccination clinics was shared.
- We previewed upcoming events.
- Foundation Executive Director Cannon Wenzel provided an update on Foundation activities.
Grande Rounds events are free of charge as part of the Clinic’s and Foundation’s mission to educate the community. Please join us for these informative sessions, which are tentatively planned for January and February 2023. Event information, including program recordings, are available on the Events page.
Want to recognize a Clinic team member for great service? We’d love to hear from you. Submit a tribute.
More Recent Healthcare News
Following another eventful year of challenges and increasing patient demand, the Boca Grande Health Clinic is pleased to announce the exploration of facility opportunities to best meet current and future patient and Island needs for expanded primary and urgent care services. “The Clinic’s board and CEO have been working diligently on upgrading the Clinic’s staffing […]
The Big Red Bus Comes to Boca Grande April 6March 10, 2023
Donating blood saves lives. We all intrinsically know this. Yet, according to the American Red Cross, less than 3 percent of age-eligible people donate blood annually. The Boca Grande Health Clinic is sponsoring a blood donation event on Thursday, April 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Big Red Bus® will be parked on […]
Colon screening saves livesMarch 8, 2023
March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, and the American Cancer Society (ACS) has some sobering news for us. According to its report issued March 1, 1 in 5 colon cancer diagnoses now occurs in people younger than 55 years old. The report also notes a trend toward more advanced disease in people of all […]
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last week authorized the first over-the-counter (OTC) at-home test that can detect – and differentiate between – the flu and COVID-19. Raymond A. James, D.O. and medical director of the Boca Grande Health Clinic tells us what to know about this and what to keep in mind when using […]