The Grande Rounds health lecture series sponsored by the Boca Grande Health Clinic and the Boca Grande Health Clinic Foundation kicked off the season on November 16 with a recorded webinar to welcome everyone back for the season. Clinic CEO Mark Driscoll and Clinic Medical Director Raymond A. James, D.O, covered what to expect as our seasonal residents consider their return to an Island that’s more than a bit different than past years.
Click here to watch the webinar recording.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s included:
- Boca Beacon’s Cheryl Schum Hopkins provided imagery and commentary on Hurricane Ian’s impact on the Island and our ongoing recovery efforts.
- Mark provided a Clinic Staff update: We have three primary care physicians board-certified in emergency medicine, family practice and internal medicine. We’ve expanded our nursing staff to three RNs, an LPN and two medical assistants. A radiologic technologist is a new addition to our clinical team as we resume medical imaging services at the Clinic. That’s a tribute to a great culture and the potential of our team. We’ve come a long way from an Island with a weekly visit from a mainland doctor.
- Dr. Bret Kueber, M.D. (who joined the Clinic early 2022) and Dr. Emily Haly, M.D. (the Clinic’s newest physician) shared thoughts on their experiences to date working at the Clinic.
- Information about the Clinic’s flu and booster vaccination clinics was shared.
- We previewed upcoming events.
- Foundation Executive Director Cannon Wenzel provided an update on Foundation activities.
Grande Rounds events are free of charge as part of the Clinic’s and Foundation’s mission to educate the community. Please join us for these informative sessions, which are tentatively planned for January and February 2023. Event information, including program recordings, are available on the Events page.
Want to recognize a Clinic team member for great service? We’d love to hear from you. Submit a tribute.
More Recent Healthcare News
Influenza is hitting the U.S. unusually early and very hard. The NY Times reports that we are seeing the most hospitalizations at this point in the season in more than a decade, “underscoring the potential for a perilous winter of respiratory viruses,” according to recent federal health data. Get your flu shot now “Getting the […]
By Sheila Evans, Boca Beacon Reprinted with permission With the addition of Dr. Emily Haly, the Boca Grande Health Clinic now has three doctors on staff. Dr. Haly (pronounced hail-ee) brings some 22 years of medical experience to the position. She especially likes dealing with patients on a personal level, while giving professional help. That […]
That is a good question after the storm of the century. And when might it be safe? City Water Everyone who was on Boca after the storm remembers how we all incorporated the new routine of the 5-gallon bucket shuffle. We brought water from a brown pool or the beach to get our toilet bowls […]
The Grande Rounds health lecture series sponsored by the Boca Grande Health Clinic and the Boca Grande Health Clinic Foundation will kick off the season on November 1. “Welcome Back to the Island” will be the main theme of the first virtual event, which will feature Clinic Medical Director Raymond A. James, D.O., and Clinic […]