Just a little over five months ago, we launched Boca Grande Health Clinic’s newly redesigned website with a goal to provide our patients and Islanders with a simple way to access important information for their own health, and the health of the community.
“We set out to create a website that is the source of truth and information for our patients and those who visit the Island,” said Mark Driscoll, Boca Grande Health Center CEO. “At the time the website launched in December, much of our web content focused on the many challenges presented by COVID-19. But we managed to tackle other health topics as well.”
The Clinic’s website is divided into seven main sections: Home, About, For Patients, Events, Resources, Donate, and Contact. The home page provides patients with quick ways to interact with the Clinic, preview the latest healthcare news, or just simply take a minute to rest while enjoying drone video of our beautiful Island.
To date, more than 13,000 people have visited the home page, with the COVID-19 vaccination and resources pages the most visited of the site. There are 36 pages and 50+ health news articles on the website.
The site is updated weekly with helpful information, articles, and announcements. Here are some key areas to explore:
- Clinic services
- Doctors and staff where you’ll find bios for everyone you’ll meet at the Clinic.
- Patient information section that provides patients all the information you need to schedule and prepare for a visit, including downloadable patient information forms and even an easy way to make an online payment.
- Healthcare news articles with the latest news and information about the current state of health on the Island, along with practical information on health topics ranging from Alzheimer’s to women and heart disease to mental health.
- Heart health section with helpful information on cardiovascular disease, understanding the warning signs, prevention tips and resources.
- Our COVID-19 Resource Center includes information on the vaccine, testing, what to do if you’ve been exposed, how to quarantine, answers to the most commonly asked questions, and access to a wealth of state and government information and tools. The Clinic’s 2020 Welcome Kit of COVID-19 information, tools and resources is also available for download there.
- Information on upcoming events and webinars is available, including links to watch recordings of past events.
For any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please contact us.
In addition to the website, the Clinic has a presence on LinkedIn.
More Recent Healthcare News
You may have noticed before departing this season from Boca Grande a new resting spot at the top of the ramp at the Boca Grande Health Clinic. A beautiful bench was crafted and generously donated to the Boca Grande Health Clinic by the members of the Planters Garden Club. The staff of the Boca Grande […]
May is National Stroke Awareness month, so let’s talk about what it is and how to avoid it. How big a deal is it? Stroke is the leading cause of long-term disability and the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. Women are at a slightly higher risk of stroke at 1 out […]
As part of our year-long celebration of the Boca Grande Health Clinic’s 75th anniversary, the Clinic is pleased present a short series of web videos that capture some of the “secrets” to having a long, productive life – told by some of the Island’s elders. The third episode of the series features Robert (Bob) McKinney, […]
As part of our year-long celebration of the Boca Grande Health Clinic’s 75th anniversary, the Clinic is pleased to launch a short series of web videos that capture some of the “secrets” to having a long, productive life – told by some of the Island’s elders. In the second episode of the series, we hear […]