Just a little over five months ago, we launched Boca Grande Health Clinic’s newly redesigned website with a goal to provide our patients and Islanders with a simple way to access important information for their own health, and the health of the community.
“We set out to create a website that is the source of truth and information for our patients and those who visit the Island,” said Mark Driscoll, Boca Grande Health Center CEO. “At the time the website launched in December, much of our web content focused on the many challenges presented by COVID-19. But we managed to tackle other health topics as well.”
The Clinic’s website is divided into seven main sections: Home, About, For Patients, Events, Resources, Donate, and Contact. The home page provides patients with quick ways to interact with the Clinic, preview the latest healthcare news, or just simply take a minute to rest while enjoying drone video of our beautiful Island.
To date, more than 13,000 people have visited the home page, with the COVID-19 vaccination and resources pages the most visited of the site. There are 36 pages and 50+ health news articles on the website.
The site is updated weekly with helpful information, articles, and announcements. Here are some key areas to explore:
- Clinic services
- Doctors and staff where you’ll find bios for everyone you’ll meet at the Clinic.
- Patient information section that provides patients all the information you need to schedule and prepare for a visit, including downloadable patient information forms and even an easy way to make an online payment.
- Healthcare news articles with the latest news and information about the current state of health on the Island, along with practical information on health topics ranging from Alzheimer’s to women and heart disease to mental health.
- Heart health section with helpful information on cardiovascular disease, understanding the warning signs, prevention tips and resources.
- Our COVID-19 Resource Center includes information on the vaccine, testing, what to do if you’ve been exposed, how to quarantine, answers to the most commonly asked questions, and access to a wealth of state and government information and tools. The Clinic’s 2020 Welcome Kit of COVID-19 information, tools and resources is also available for download there.
- Information on upcoming events and webinars is available, including links to watch recordings of past events.
For any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please contact us.
In addition to the website, the Clinic has a presence on LinkedIn.
More Recent Healthcare News
Broken bones, sprains and fractures are the most common injuries requiring an X-ray. And now that X-ray imaging services are available onsite at the Boca Grande Health Clinic, patients no longer have to drive off island for care. “With X-rays on site, our doctors can diagnose a wide array of illnesses and injuries and help […]
Just like that, 2022 is a wrap and 2023 is already moving right along. As the song goes, “Another year over – a new one just begun.” On behalf of the Clinic’s board and the entire Clinic team, we couldn’t be prouder of the tremendous progress we made in yet another year of unprecedented challenges. […]
By Sheila Evans, Boca Beacon Reprinted with permission Helping people feel better and being in the great outdoors are two of the top things that make Jenny Maday happy. Jenny is the newest registered nurse to join the Boca Grande Health Clinic team. She arrived the same week as Hurricane Ian, but her impact has […]
A quick guide to symptoms It used to be that we wondered if we caught a flu bug or just had a case of the common cold. Then we weren’t sure if our allergies were giving us a hard time or if red tide was to blame. And of course, we can’t forget COVID-19, which […]