A Message from Our CEO
Welcome to the Boca Grande Health Clinic, a place dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare to the Island. Through primary and preventative care, chronic care management and healthcare education, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of Boca Grande.
Our website is designed to provide you with information about our services and providers and our mission to the community. You will find useful information about current healthcare topics and links to healthcare related resources including area hospitals and emergency services.
Our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive primary healthcare as well as urgent care services. We strive to make a difference in our community by providing quality healthcare services to our patients and by improving the quality of life for the Island residents we are so privileged to serve.
We work hard to provide a care environment that ensures our Clinic’s excellent doctors and nurses have the resources and equipment for the health and comfort of our patients and visitors. Additionally, we pride ourselves as a personalized provider of healthcare services with a care team that takes the time to get to know and care about you.
We welcome your visit, virtually or in person. On behalf of everyone at the Boca Grande Health Clinic, thank you for entrusting us with your healthcare needs.
Mark Driscoll, CEO
Boca Grande Health Clinic
The Boca Grande Health Clinic, Inc. is dedicated to meeting the primary healthcare needs of the residents, workers and visitors of the Gasparilla Island community.
- Provides 24/7 access to primary care physicians whenever the need arises;
- Coordinates other healthcare services to meet the needs of all patients;
- Retains high quality, competent and caring physicians and staff;
- Maintains an up-to-date, modern, well equipped facility; and
- Provides timely and pertinent healthcare education for the community.
The Clinic fulfills its mission with caring and compassion for the dignity and rights of the individual and promotes a personalized approach to caring for its patients.
Aided by financial support from the community, the Clinic provides services that otherwise would not be available in the community.
Clinic Fast Facts
- The Boca Grande Health Clinic is a non-profit organization serving the community since 1947.
- The Clinic is staffed year-round with board certified physicians.
- The Clinic provides ongoing primary healthcare as well as urgent care services.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:30-5:00pm except for holidays.
- A physician is on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- After hours, you may reach the on-call physician by calling the Clinic at 941-964-2276 and following the instructions.
Governance & Support
The Clinic is governed by an elected board of directors and is supported by the generosity of community contributions and memberships. Boca Grande Health Clinic provides a level of healthcare services that are not fully supported by fees paid by patients for services rendered at the clinic.
The Boca Grande Health Clinic Foundation is the fundraising arm of the organization. The Foundation raises and manages capital to subsidize the operating and capital needs of the Clinic. For more information about supporting the Boca Grande Health Clinic contact the Foundation at 941-964-0099, send an email to email@example.com or visit their website at bghcfoundation.com.
The official records show that the Boca Grande Health Clinic first opened its doors on March 15, 1947. The Clinic has a long history of community support, with many individuals contributing their time and resources to ensure that the Clinic was and still remains a reality for the community.
Louise Du Pont Crowninshield is credited with starting the Clinic. From 1949–1963 the Clinic occupied space it rented on the west side of the Fugate building. In 1964, a new clinic was built and used until it was replaced by the present facility in 1990. The 1964 building was renovated in 2008 for use as the Clinic Annex.